Enhanced Creative Writing
Enhanced Creative Writing is an advanced level course designed for middle and high school students, who want to expand their repertoire of skills, with in-depth instruction on structural models designed to enhance their creative writing. Originally the depth of the course required that it be split into two parts to adequately cover the structural models.
Creative Structures Part 1 is a 5 week/ 1 hour video class per week focusing on each of the first set of structural models, which include:
- How to include “flashback” paragraphs
- How to properly write and punctuate dialogue
- How to include triple extensions and the five senses
- How to include similes/ metaphors,
- How to write using the 5 W’s
Creative Structures Part 2 is a further 5 week/ 1 hour video class per week focusing on each of the first set of structural models, which include:
- How to include “personification”
- How to effectively include “allusions”
- How to incorporate creative devices like foreshadowing, irony and sarcasm.
- How to write “allegory” and use “allegorical” references.
- How to add poetry and poetic devices into your creative writing.
By the end of this course students will expand their writing to that of anecdotal compositions. Following the structural models taught literally “forces” creativity. These structural and stylistic tools empower students even when required to write creatively “on demand”.